– a book club to take you to faraway places.
Travel around the world without leaving your armchair with this new book club from the Stripey Badger.
In these pandemic times, when travel on holidays seems uncertain, travel around the world without leaving the Stripey Badger. Monthly meetings to chat about the books read will be online (Zoom or Facebook) or in the open air until we are allowed to meet inside once more.
Read from a selection of books chosen from each of the 6 continents (we’re excluding Antarctica). No reading order, you choose which continent to explore first! Chart your progress with our passport and special Visa stamps.
There is no monthly subscription, but to join, books must be bought from the Stripey Badger.
The books selected for the Armchair Travel Book Club range from inspiration travel writing from all corners of the world, to classic literature and exciting fiction. Award-winning books both new and old will sit side by side and will be joined by soon-to-be-published exciting fiction and non-fiction bursting to be read.
We have chosen 6 books from each continent initially; this will grow as new books are published. Books on our bookshelves displaying an Armchair Travel Book Club sticker will also qualify for the passport.
Each book has to fall into strict criteria to be included into The Stripey Badger Armchair Travel Book Club:
- The book is set primarily in that continent
- The Author is from the place of writing
- The book was written in the continent of its setting
Join the book club and you will receive:
- A passport which will be stamped with Visa’s from each continent
- Discuss your book in our monthly online get-togethers
- Match the country of your book with a suggested wine from a list provided by the Grassington Wine Shop in regular online events
- Plan your travel (when we can) with inspiration from regular online events from ‘Not Just Travel Adrian Doyle’
- Enjoy our regular online events to inspire your reading, travel, food and wine
- FREE Stripey Badger Mug!
- FREE Stripey Badger Goody Bag when you have travelled around the world!
- FREE entry into our prize draw to win one of our grand prizes!*
To qualify for the Stripey Badger Armchair Travel Book Club and to get your passport, the books must, of course, have been purchased from The Stripey Badger Bookshop.
You can call into the shop to buy, call-and-collect, or we will post. You can order the books by phone, email, website (live shortly) or via Facebook Messenger.
Download the pdf of each continent’s list of books. (When available)